Most homeowners need to hire a group of specialists to help them keep their homes in peak condition. You should regard these people as members of your team and strive to develop a good working relationship with each. The best time to begin assembling your team of specialists is before you need them. Once you take over a new home, ask your neighbors which businesses in the area are reliable. But don’t stop with just one recommendation. Put together a list of items you need to check off before choosing residential plumbers in Brisbane.
Your Non-Negotiable List
- The selected company should offer a wide range of services from installing new equipment to performing basic repairs and maintenance. They should also offer a 24/7 emergency service as standard.
- The company should be properly licensed, bonded, and certified.
- The company should have a staff of skilled craftsmen available, with the proper licenses.
- The company’s website should contain testimonials from satisfied customers, but go a step further and investigate some impartial sites like Angie’s List and Home Pro for a full range of reviews. These sites can also compare the prices charged by each company for the same services.
- Using a nationally-recognized franchise operation has both benefits and drawbacks. They will usually cost a bit more for their services, but they also offer you the backing of a nationally recognized company, who offer training and knowledge to the franchise owner. If you decide to use a franchise, be certain the owner has local knowledge and has been in business in the area for a number of years.
- The company should be a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and at least one professional organization, such as the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA), who offer tools, research, and certification for their members.
What to Do Next
Once you’ve narrowed your selection, invite the company into your home. The technician should be courteous and respectful, as well as efficient. They should fix whatever problem you’ve called them about, but should also do a check of all your plumbing while they’re in the home. They should bring to your attention anything they find that might need attention, but should only do as much as you’ve authorized them to do. Only after all these steps have been taken should you add their number to your speed dial, and check off your list residential plumbers in Brisbane.