If you’re a parent, you know how much time it can take to find a quality child care system for your offspring. It is one of the more important decisions you can make, since the wrong day care can lead to learning problems or cripple your child’s social interactions. So, how do you choose? You can start by asking your friends and neighbors who they recommend, but you also need to check out the facility yourself to make sure they offer total transparency and security, for your peace of mind. While you’re taking a tour of the facility, here is a list of questions you need to have answered when investigating child care services in Nampa, ID:
What Questions to Ask
- Does the facility offer child care services from newborns to age thirteen, since a child needs a routine and a familiar environment?
- Ask if they offer any kind of early learning programs which will enable the child to get a head start on their early elementary education.
- Is there a balance between learning and play time?
- Are there activities designed to promote motor skills by interactive play, such as dance and singing?
- Does the child have any one-on-one time with the teacher to promote reading and writing skills?
- Is there enough diversity in the daily and weekly schedule to maintain your child’s interest?
- Are there craft lessons so the child can explore his artistic side?
- If meals and snacks are provided, what kinds of food are prepared?
- Is there adequate quiet time for an afternoon nap?
- Is the facility secure? What system is in place for authenticating the person picking up your child?
- Does the facility have a secure and enclosed outdoor area for playtime?
- Is there a camera system in each room so you can check on your child multiple times during the day?
- Are the teachers trained in early childhood education? Do they have CPR training and have they undergone adequate background checks? Do they receive ongoing training to keep abreast of the latest teaching techniques?
- Is the facility rated by the Idaho Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS)?
- Will you be able to have regular meetings with your child’s teacher to check on progress?
These are a few questions to ask while taking a tour of the facility you are considering for child care services in Nampa, ID.