Your home’s roof does more than top off your home. It provides the first line of defense against the elements, and protects your home and family, shielding them from harm. Even the most lovingly tended roofs will wear out over time. Asphalt shingles have a life expectancy of twenty years. Shake roofs need to be replaced at about thirty years, while tile, slate, or metal roofs can last as long as fifty years. Strong storms, climate fluctuations, and defective metal flashing can cause damage to even the newest roof and could cause you to need the services of a roofing company in Ocala, FL.
What to Look for in a Roofing Company
- After a storm hits is not the best time to search for a roofing company, since there are a lot of scam artists who will invade a storm-ravaged area in search of some fast money. You need to locate a company before disaster strikes.
- Begin by searching the internet for roofing contractors in your area. They should have a working, quality, informative website that offers testimonials from satisfied customers.
- Look for a company who is also affiliated with Home Advisor and check that impartial website for further information on the company.
- They should also be a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the local chamber of commerce.
- Try to find a company who offers a roof cleaning service and establish a relationship with them. An annual cleaning will not only lengthen the life of the roof, it can also spot little leaks and damage before they turn into major problems.
- The company you choose should be licensed, bonded, and insured and should provide free estimates for their work.
- They should also be locally owned, so they understand the type of roofing that fares best in the fluctuating Florida climate.
- The company should use the highest quality name brand products and should provide warranties on both the product and on their work.
- They should be available on a 24/7 emergency basis and should offer senior discounts and financing options.
- If your home suffers storm damage, they should be willing to work with the insurance company to file your claim.
- When the time comes to sell the home, having a roofing inspection report in hand will speed up the sale.
These are a few things to consider when searching for a roofing company in Ocala, FL.