A chandelier gives life to any room. It is a perfect lighting accessory for homes. Like any other accessories, these also fall prey to dirt and cobwebs and require cleaning once or twice a year.
Chandelier Cleaning Keeps Dust Away
If you are planning to invest in a chandelier, ensure that you do your research and purchase them for credible stores. You can choose from different styles and designs when it comes to chandeliers. You can shop online from stores such as Sofary which is in Seattle, Washington and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Sofary is your one-shop-stop for all your light fixture needs. They have a solution for all your lighting requirements. You can drill down your options by price, rooms, and colors. The company also offers customization options if you are looking to have something specific in mind.
You can easily come to know when it requires cleaning. When you chandelier begins to glow dimly or your once bright and sparkly chandelier begins to lose its sparkle, it is time to clean them.
Chandelier cleaning can be done in two ways. One is by climbing up to the spot and cleaning it and the other by disassembling the chandelier and cleaning each part.
If you go for the first method, you need to exercise precaution:
- Ensure that you have a thick blanket or cloth on the ground to avoid any mishaps
- Ensure that the chandelier is turned off to avoid shocks or short circuits
- If you are allergic to dust, ensure that you wear masks or goggles and then clean
- Use a ladder to climb up to the chandelier
- Make a solution from isopropyl and water and wipe each crystal piece with it
- Use a dry cloth to wipe off the cleaner solution
If you plan on following the second method, then:
- Bring down your chandelier from the ceiling
- Ensure that you have the instruction manual handy so that you can assemble it back after cleaning
- Use the isopropyl solution for each chandelier piece and immediately wipe it off with a dry cloth
Ensure that you do not turn your chandelier while cleaning to reach a spot. This could loosen the fastenings and break the chandelier. Ensure that you check the bulbs and replace them if they are worn out. If you have a complex system, it is always better to leave the cleaning to the professional cleaners.
Create the Perfect Lighting for Your Home
When you are done with the cleaning session, you can fine-tune your chandelier for better lighting. If you want to create an illuminated effect in your room, you can opt for accent lighting in the form of track lighting or recessed lights.
If you are looking for even lighting for your entire space, then you can opt for cove lighting. It also gives out a radiant glow amplifying the ambiance of your home. If you are looking for a dramatic effect, a traditional chandelier will do the trick.
Cleaning is not everyone’s forte, but someone has to do the dirty work. Cleaning ensures that your chandelier is spick and clean and always appeasing to your guests.