In the current situation of COVID19 outbreak, it might be of everybody’s interest to know the definition of pandemics, the history of such outbreaks in the past and if so, how did it occur and how did people handle to survive it.
It is very important that we learnt our lesson from history. Therefore, it would both be interesting and important to understand the previous major pandemic situations of our history.
Not only should we learn to be safe from our history but also it is important to follow the currently advised safety instructions, like keeping up personal hygiene, wearing a safety face mask etc.
This is the reason why it is best to buy Respiratory Masks in Bulk. This helps us to stay safe and indoors and use the mask with prudence when there is a need for it. You can check out the website and online shop of Custom Earth Promos and place your order for the face mask from their website and they will deliver it to your doorstep.
Custom Earth Promos is a company that specializes in making ecofriendly products like reusable bags and other such customizable promo products which can be used for both personal and professional occasions. Now, in a time when we are fighting the pandemic viral infection, due to their concern for the world, they are also manufacturing face masks.
The worst pandemic outbreak of our history
Here is the list of the pandemic diseases that affected humankind in the past, along with the year or the time period in which they were in their peaks.
- The novel corona virus outbreak of the present – Began in December 2019 in Wuhan region, China.
- HIV/AIDS pandemic – This was at its peak during the year 2005 to 2012. It was first identified in the Democratic Republic of Congo in 1976.
- Flu pandemic of 1968 also called as the Hong Kong Flu – This occurred in the year 1968 due to the influenza virus A.
- Asian flu – The years 1956 to 1958 also witnessed a flu outbreak again caused by the influenza virus A but from a different subtype called the H2N2.
- Flu pandemic of 1918 – This was a very disturbing and devastating pandemic that lasted until 1920 and it infected over one third of the world’s population.
- Sixth cholera pandemic – This occurred in the year 1910 to 1911 and it originated in India
- The Black Death – This occurred between the year 1346 to 1353 due to the bubonic plague. This affected Europe Africa and Asia
- Plague of Justinian – This occurred in 541 to 542 and the cause was again bubonic plague.
- Antonine plague – This occurred in the 165 AD and it affected Asia Minor, Greece and Italy.
From the above list it is only evident that situations like this is not new to us and if we handle it right, we will be able to find a solution for this and we will be able to survive such a scary situation too.